Dry mass and morphometric parameters are proven indicators of many cell mechanisms: viability (apoptosis detection…), cell growth (cell cycle status, proliferation…), and cell differentiation based on phenotypic characteristics. They also reveal cell abnormalities: shape change, heterogeneity, presence of parasites… They are useful parameters to identify and monitor cells in a large population.
It can be applied to:
- Cancer cell proliferation & growth rate monitoring
- Pharmacology research: drug screening, drug discovery, cytotoxicity assays
- Bioprocess: Cell culture monitoring, microbiology
- Blood testing: Red blood cell pathology identification such as anemia type identification, parasitemia calculation
- Stem cell monitoring & selection in regenerative medicine